DASTAA is an initiative that aims to brings together existing software systems that use a data driven approach to anticipate seasonal disaster risks and a human centric approach to design and disseminate early action messages to households at risk on their mobile phones. The system consists of a tool that allows organizations to not just conduct household level risk assessment but also automatically classify each households into different categories based on their risk and vulnerability level. Besides the system also allows tailored messaging based on household risks, unlike tools using a blanket approach.
- Data Acquisition (Using Digital technologies, Frontier
- Hazard Models and Scenarios,Vulnerability, Exposure and Risk Assessment
Establishing Threshold & Benchmarks
- Derivation of Threshold and Impact Levels and
- Disaster Calendar & Identification of Activities
Monitoring of Forecast
- Monitoring of Forecast
- Generation of Triggers (Readiness and Action)
- Identification of Stakeholders
- Common Alerting Protocol & Activation (Stakeholders, SMS, IVR, Mobile Application)
- Early Action
We will update soon!